Re: Returning a memory issue when accessing an attachment from the mailing list

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Martín Marqués <martin(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2020-04-03 01:19:29
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

On 2020-04-02 21:59:27 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
> > It's not an isolated issue: a patch I just posted at
> >
> > https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/7653.1585869509@sss.pgh.pa.us
> >
> > is having the same problem. If you click on the link embedded on
> > that page,
> >
> > https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/109592/gin-fuzzy-search-limit-fix-2.patch

If I had to guess the "<memory at 0x7fa950fcf1c8>" is caused by part of
the stack having been upgraded/downgraded. With the memoryview type not
being recognized with whatever is supposed to write out the data.

> Looks like t I'm able to download this patch perfectly.

Did you check whether the contents are correct? It downloads for me, but
it contains "<memory at 0x7fa950fcf1c8>".

Greetings,

Andres Freund