Re: postgres feature matrix

From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres feature matrix
Date: 2020-02-23 11:00:28
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 12:53:49PM -0500, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> Please feel free to use my own made up description of the patch:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/about/featurematrix/detail/332/
..
> https://www.postgresql.org/about/featurematrix/detail/320/

It seems to me these would more naturally live under "Partitioning" rather than
the oversized "performance".

Also, regarding the item named "Table partitioning", it seems to me that's
unclear/ambiguous/misleading. It's probably been there since pre-v10, and so
it's referring to any type of table heirarchy/inheritance. I think it should
be renamed, or just removed.

Note commit 0c06534bd6, which is semi-relevant. Quoting my description:

--
Justin