Re: Documentation: 21.5. Default Roles

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, R Ransbottom <rirans(at)comcast(dot)net>, Ian Barwick <ian(dot)barwick(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Pg Docs <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation: 21.5. Default Roles
Date: 2020-02-06 05:11:31
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 11:31:19AM -0500, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> > Using this feature to handle the rename of a file *between* major
> > versions, thus leaving the changes in master, should be safe (as long
> > as we add an entry to that table in pgweb).
> >
> > As for back branches, I think we have to say that it's too close to
> > the minor release to safely have something done in pgweb before then.
>
> This part I agree on, but let's sync offline to see if there is
> something within reason, with a preference to *not* rush if we're
> worried about breaking something right before release.

Folks, is it Thursday. Can we revert this and return to it when we are
not rushed? Alternatively, can someone who controls all the moving
parts, like redirects and Stephen's patch additions take ownership of
this issue, with authority to revert the patch if things are too close?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Ancient Roman grave inscription +