Re: [DOC] Fix for the missing pg_stat_progress_cluster view phase column value

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: noriyoshi(dot)shinoda(at)hpe(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOC] Fix for the missing pg_stat_progress_cluster view phase column value
Date: 2019-10-28 05:26:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Sat, 26 Oct 2019 05:13:49 +0000, "Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan A&PS Delivery)" <noriyoshi(dot)shinoda(at)hpe(dot)com> wrote in
> I found a missing column value in the pg_stat_progress_cluster view document.
> I read the src/backend/catalog/system_views.sql file, there seems to be a possibility that 'writing new heap' is output in the 'phase' column.
> The attached patch adds a description of the 'writing new heap' value output in the 'phase' column.

Good catch!

By the way the table mentions the phases common to CLUSTER and VACUUM FULL. I wonder why some of them are described as "CLUSTER is" and others are "The command is"..

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center