I messed up and my disk utlization is HUGE

From: stan <stanb(at)panix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I messed up and my disk utlization is HUGE
Date: 2019-10-09 17:21:19
Lists: pgsql-general

I was going to try to do some testing on very large databases, and I tried to
load the Mouse Gerome DB. It failed, and now I know why :-) I filled the
disk up. Presently, with virtually nothing in any database the postgres
storage location has 43G allocated. The DB was also crashed but i did free
up some space and get it started again. How can I shrink this back to a
reasonable size? The WAL also seems pretty large.

neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin