Referncing a calculated column in a select?

From: stan <stanb(at)panix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Referncing a calculated column in a select?
Date: 2019-09-12 19:23:29
Lists: pgsql-general

I am creating some views, that have columns with fairly complex calculations
in them. The I want to do further calculations using the result of this
calculation. Right now, I am just duplicating the first calculation in the
select fro the 2nd calculated column. There must be a batter way to do
this, right?

neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin