Importing from CSV, auto creating table?

From: stan <stanb(at)panix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Importing from CSV, auto creating table?
Date: 2019-08-21 21:15:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a situation where we need to import data, as an interim measure,
from spreadsheets.

I have read up on \copy and COPY, but I do not see that either of these can
use the header from a CSV file to define a new table. Am I missing
something?

Also downloaded something called pgfutter, which I thought would do this,
but have not had any success with this. After I (thought) I had figured out
the arguments, it just seams to hag forever.

neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin