Re: PostgreSQL LDAP \ Kerberos

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Pierre Ochsenbein <pierreochsenbein(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL LDAP \ Kerberos
Date: 2019-07-12 12:18:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings,

* Pierre Ochsenbein (pierreochsenbein(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> Somebody can give me Feedback about PostgreSQL Authentication with LDAP and
> Kerberos.

You should use Kerberos for authentication, using LDAP isn't a good idea
because the PG server will see the user's password.

> Actually I use LDAP authentication and I would like to test automatically
> authentication with Kerberos...
>
> It's easy to implement and works fine, no bugs in perspective?

Yes, it works fine, just generate a keytab and copy it to somewhere that
the PG server can see it. If you're in an active directory environment
then this requires a bit more than just an addprinc/ktadd, there's a
blog post I wrote about doing it here:

https://info.crunchydata.com/blog/windows-active-directory-postgresql-gssapi-kerberos-authentication

Thanks,

Stephen