Re: Instalacion desatendida de Postgres

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Haroon <muhammad(dot)haroon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Jose Mercedes Venegas Acevedo <jvenegasperu(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(dot)casanova(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pginstaller(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com" <pginstaller(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Carlos Perez <carlos(dot)perez(at)syswarp(dot)com(dot)ar>, Ayuda <pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Instalacion desatendida de Postgres
Date: 2019-07-09 15:59:15
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda

Hi Haroon,

Haroon escribió:

> > Ok voy a probar el instalador de 2ndquadrant pero creo que seria
> > mucho mas interesante usando el instalador de 2UDA hay algun manual
> > de como instalar 2UDA de manera desatendida para instalar en modo
> > text como parametros en el instalador para windows?
>
> I understand that you are willing to give Postgres Installer a try and
> are also interested in 2UDA, however, that is all I could understand
> from the email conversation using translate feature from Spanish to
> English. From the email subject, I understand that the original
> question is related to unattended install.
>
> Jaime, when you get the chance, could you please translate the
> question for me in English so that I could understand it better and
> help accordingly ? Thanks!

The question that opened the thread was whether the EDB installer will
continue to support unattended installation -- José is concerned because
apparently they removed the option from their manual.

Then Jaime suggests trying out 2ndQ's pginstaller. To which José
responds that he is much more interested in the 2UDA installer, and asks
whether that one supports unattended (scripted) installation using a
command line of some sort. As far as I understand, he wants to embed
Postgres in some larger product. (I suppose it's fair to answer whether
2UDA license permits this, also).

José wished you all a great father day to you, too (a month ago, so
you're a little late but that's okay).