Re: pgsql: Fix partitioned index creation with foreign partitions

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Fix partitioned index creation with foreign partitions
Date: 2019-06-26 23:04:15
Lists: pgsql-committers

On 2019-Jun-26, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Fix partitioned index creation with foreign partitions

Hmm, so this causes prion to fail, because -DFORCE_RELCACHE_RELEASE: it
reports the immediate parent of the would-be-partition rather than the
topmost ancestor. I'm not sure I understand why, since relcache release
shouldn't affect recursion order (maybe that's another bug). I'll
investigate more tomorrow.