Re: Translation In Hindi

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Asim <asim(dot)r(dot)p(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Anas Sayyed <anassayyed13399(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-translators(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Sameer Pankhudi <itsmesameersiddiquei235(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Translation In Hindi
Date: 2019-06-24 17:09:07
Lists: pgsql-translators

Hi,

On 2019-Jun-24, Asim wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 9:26 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > Please see this site https://babel.postgresql.org which contains the
> > .pot files and a link to the wiki page with more instructions, along the
> > status tables. I recommend you work the files from branch "master", not
> > "11" as the site says, since by the time you have enough files done,
> > "master" will be in the process of being released.
>
> Thank you for the recommendation. We are starting with initdb on
> master branch. Once we finish translating initdb messages, should we
> post the file to this mailing list?

Yes, that works.

A very useful catalog to translate (other than the "postgres" giant one)
is psql, and it will force you to determine what good translations are
for most terms that you will find in all the other catalogs (a
glossary). There are also some useful-to-learn challenges such as
making sure that the --help output is properly aligned, and discuss with
your team whether you want to keep the width of the output below 80
chars or not.