Re: stale WAL files?

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: stale WAL files?
Date: 2019-03-28 13:30:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 09:50:37AM -0600, Rob Sargent wrote:
> No, sorry I should have said that up front. We’re simple folk.

What is the WAL position (LSN) where Postgres is writing to and what
is the set of WAL segments in pg_wal (or pg_xlog if that's a server
older than 10)? Please double-check the configuration value of
wal_keep_segments, and as mentioned upthread, could you make sure that
you have no replication slots active? This can be done simply by
querying pg_replication_slots. Please note as well that checkpoints
are server-wide, so there is no point to run them on all databases.
Only one command will be effective for all databases.
--
Michael