debugger throws error

From: <mickey(at)thesweetoasis(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: debugger throws error
Date: 2019-03-13 16:54:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

My postgres version is 9.6, running on Windows 7 Professional.
I have just upgraded to pgadmin 4.2.3 since I was not able to get the debugger to work at all with my previous pgadmin. I installed using the Windows binary.

I have set postgresql.conf for shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugin_debugger.dll', added extension pldbgapi, and made sure I had admin permissions.

I am now able to select either 'debug' or 'set breakpoint', but at 'set breakpoint' or when I click 'debug' after entering input parameters, I get:

"local variable 'debugger_version' referenced before assignment".

Did I miss something in installation or configuration ?

Thanks