January 24th Meeting

From: Mark Wong <mark(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: January 24th Meeting
Date: 2019-01-23 01:47:32
Lists: pdxpug

Hi pdxpug,

This January meeting notice is a bit later than usual to the mailing
list, but hopefully some of you caught the announcement through one of
the other outlets (Twitter, Meetup, Wordpress, Calagator)

We are meeting at a different time this month and at a new location.

PDX Code Guild is hosting us at the Portland State University Small
Business Accelerator at:

2828 SW Corbett Ave
Portland, OR 97201

BDR (bi-directional replication) enables asynchronous multi-master
replication in Postgres as an extension and has been in full production
status since 2014. We will discuss the use cases that BDR is most
appropriate for, and where is might not be best suited.

Mark works at 2ndQuadrant as a consultant for English Speaking
Territories, based out of Oregon. He is a Contributor to PostgreSQL,
co-organizer of the Portland PostgreSQL User Group, and serves as a
Director and Treasurer for the United States PostgreSQL Association.

Regards,
Mark

--
Mark Wong
2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise