mailing list redirect for bug numbers?

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2019-01-14 22:18:09
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

How hard would it be to have a redirect similar to
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/<id>

that accepted bug numbers instead of message ids? I don't know the
precise database schema of the archives, but I assume it could be done
with a prefix query that filters the sender to @postgresql.org, the list
to pgsql-bugs, and the prefix to "BUG #<bugno>" or such. Or perhaps
there's a database table with bugs -> messageid mappings somewhere? Or
could be created using a query like the above?

It'd be neat to link to bugs from commit messages in a clearer format
(i.e. to the bug number, rather than it being one of potentially
multiple message ids), and it also makes manual lookup nicer.

Greetings,

Andres Freund