January 2019 Meeting: Bi-Directional Replication for Postgres: A Multi-master Solution

From: Mark Wong <mark(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: January 2019 Meeting: Bi-Directional Replication for Postgres: A Multi-master Solution
Date: 2019-01-05 02:24:26
Lists: pdxpug

Hi PDXPUG,

Please note new location!

Please also note we are meeting on the 4th Thursday this month!

https://www.meetup.com/pdxpug/events/xmvjzpyzcbwb/

When: 6-8pm Thursday January 24, 2018
Where: New Relic
Who: Mark Wong
What: Multi master replication

Happy new year everyone. As always the new year brings changes. For
instance, we have moved the meetup to New Relic’s Portland office. I
think you will find the new accommodations quite nice. If you remember
meeting at Iovation’s office, it is very close by on the 27th floor of
the US Bank Corp tower (111 SW 5th Avenue Portland OR). And while the
location may have changed, some things have not. We will still have
food and beverages available and interesting topics of discussion with
other interesting people.

Mark Wong will be giving a talk on the always-vexing topic of
multi-master replication with Postgres.

Mark leads the 2ndQuadrant performance practice as a Performance
Consultant for English Speaking Territories, based out of Oregon in the
USA. He is a long time Contributor to PostgreSQL, co-organizer of the
Portland PostgreSQL User Group, and serves as a Director and Treasurer
for the United States PostgreSQL Association, and a pretty nice guy too.

If you have a job posting or event you would like me to announce at the
meeting, please send it along. The deadline for inclusion is 5pm the day
before the meeting.

Our meeting will be held at New Relic on the 27th floor of the US
Bancorp Tower at 111 SW 5th (5th & Oak). It’s right on the Green &
Yellow Max lines. Underground bike parking is available in the parking
garage; outdoors all around the block in the usual spots. No bikes in
the office, sorry! Please the elevator to the 27th floor. It will be
the last elevator bank on the North side of the building. There will be
a front desk where you can sign in.

--
Mark Wong
2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise