Re: BUG #15150: Reading uninitialised value in NISortAffixes (tsearch/spell.c)

From: Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15150: Reading uninitialised value in NISortAffixes (tsearch/spell.c)
Date: 2018-04-13 11:34:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 06:14:03PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, existing code is clearly wrong, patch looks OK, will push.

Thank you for the commit!

> But I see from the code coverage report that this bit is unexercised
> in the regression tests. Any chance of getting a test that covers
> this? I'm worried that this means we also lack any coverage of
> cases where the CompoundAffix array has more than one entry.

I attached the patch. It fixes the following:
- show an error if actual number of affix aliases is greater than
initial number. I wonder is it necessary. But I think it is better to
raise an error than crash, if you set wrong number for AF flag.
- improve code coverage for NISortAffixes().
- test regex_t expressions.
- test MergeAffix()
- test mkVoidAffix() better

The code coverage still isn't 100% for spell.c. But it is better than
earlier.

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
improve-spell-codecoverage.patch text/plain 5.9 KB