Re: BUG #14835: Postgres crashed

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Markus Waldegger <m(dot)waldegger(at)synedra(dot)com>
Cc: nicola(dot)contu(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #14835: Postgres crashed
Date: 2018-03-14 01:03:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 02:44:36PM +0100, Markus Waldegger wrote:
> We have same the issues as you described on one of our databases .
> It started with CentOS 6.8 and Postgres 9.5 - after upgrade to CentOS 6.9
> ans Postgres 9.6 still same issues.

What is the exact minor version that you are using here? You may want
to make sure first that you have upgraded up to 9.6.8, which is the last
one in date.

> Did you find the cause or a fix for your crashes?

Without a self-contained test case, it is quite hard to estimate if this
is an issue with PostgreSQL or something related to another library, so
it seems to me that we are still at the same point as before.

Be sure as well to keep your system libraries like glibc up to date.
--
Michael