Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Rui DeSousa <rui(dot)desousa(at)icloud(dot)com>
Cc: scott ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>, Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>, Dianne Skoll <dfs(at)roaringpenguin(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Date: 2018-03-05 11:15:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings,

* Rui DeSousa (rui(dot)desousa(at)icloud(dot)com) wrote:
> In that case I suggest reading up on replication slots and pg_receievexlog. Everyone’s tropology and requirements are different and there are many ways to skin a cat.

Please don't top-post.

Using replication slots and pg_receivewal can be a good solution if
you're on a version which supports the combination of both. That
doesn't mean the proposed archive commands are any good though, just to
be clear. An issue with pg_receivewal though is that it's
single-threaded.

Thanks!

Stephen