planning for perf farm app

From: Mark Wong <mark(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: planning for perf farm app
Date: 2018-02-13 21:58:24
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi everyone,

I've been making some progress on some perf farm stuff and I just wanted
to make sure I understand how to best work with the pg infrastructure
when (if) we get far along to deploy something.

We're planning on having a django application for distributed clients to
be able to upload results, and for users to review results. Plus a
supporting postgres database. Similar to how the build farm is
structured.

So I'm wondering things like, should we stick to a particular django or
python version, proof things on a particular linux distro (debian
stretch?) and what not. And anything else we should be mindful of.
Thanks!

Regards,
Mark
--
Mark Wong http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, RemoteDBA, Training & Services