initdb

From: PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: rscottwatson(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: initdb
Date: 2018-01-15 21:30:24
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/app-initdb.html

So I was trying to create a new db with initdb. I tried to run this with
the postgres user after installing the server rpm and it failed with runuser
may not be run as non-root users. So then for fun I tried to run init db
as the root user which should have failed but instead it just reported
initializing database ... OK

According to the documentation this should have failed. This is on centos
kernel version 3.10.0-693.11.6 and I was using the 9.6 repo.