Re: psql format result as markdown tables

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Nicolas Paris <niparisco(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql format result as markdown tables
Date: 2018-01-13 22:19:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Nicolas!

* Nicolas Paris (niparisco(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> I wonder if someone knows how to configure psql to output results as
> markdown tables.

Unfortunately, I don't believe we support markdown as an output format
as yet. To change the output format, you can use '\pset format html'.

You can see the list of formats supported by psql here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-psql.html

Look for 'format' or 'asciidoc' in that page to find the list quickly.

I suspect that if someone wanted to write the code to have markdown be
available that it would certainly be accepted, as that's definitely a
popular format.

Thanks!

Stephen