Procmail recipe for new setup

From: Steve Litt <slitt(at)troubleshooters(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Procmail recipe for new setup
Date: 2017-11-20 22:10:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

The following procmail recipe works for me:

:0:
* ^(To|Cc)(dot)*pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
.Postgres/

In the preceding, the slash at the end of the destination (.Postgres)
is because Procmail is inserting the mail into a maildir (the maildir
for my local Dovecot IMAP server). I use the (To|Cc) vocabulary instead
of something like a list-id email heading to accommodate those who for
some reason email me and copy the list, or email the list and copy me.
(To|Cc) seems to work under all conditions.

Any recipes based on [GENERAL] being in the subject have stopped
working because [GENERAL] is no longer in the subject.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2017 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust