Re: Partitions

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: rammohan ganapavarapu <rammohanganap(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Partitions
Date: 2017-11-10 01:50:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings,

* rammohan ganapavarapu (rammohanganap(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> I saw pg_parman but it's third party extension right, i am trying to see if
> I can use native plugin or extension to the job.

There isn't anything built-in, which means the options are to build your
own version of something like pg_partman, or to simply use pg_partman.
You're certainly welcome to choose between those, but I can say that I'm
pretty happy to use pg_partman to deal with exactly what you're asking
for.

Thanks!

Stephen