Re: Re: Poor cost estimate with interaction between table correlation and partial indexes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Malis <michaelmalis2(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Poor cost estimate with interaction between table correlation and partial indexes
Date: 2017-08-28 06:57:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Malis wrote:
> Hmm... It seems the command I used for obtaining a patch I got from
> here https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git truncated part
> of the patch. I've attached the file generated from git diff
> --patience master improve-partial-index-correlation-calculation
> --no-color > improve-correlated-partial-index-cost-v2.patch to this
> email. What is the correct command for generating a context diff?

Yeah, I've had patches truncated by that too and I've never cared enough
to see about getting it fixed. I think it's a bug in the filterdiff
utility, but I got a stupid answer from the Debian maintainer when I
reported it and didn't care to follow up any further. Eventually I gave
up on using context diffs because of this problem.