pg_dump "Access is denied" Windows 10

From: robinwin(at)tpg(dot)com(dot)au
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump "Access is denied" Windows 10
Date: 2017-07-21 01:37:49
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/app-pgdump.html

I have been having outstanding trouble trying to get this to succeed with
out any success in Windows 10. I keep getting the message "Access is
denied". I am the Admin. of the account and log into the dos console as
admin but still am denied, both with dumping it to the root folder
(C:\Program Files\Postgres or to another, 'tmp', which hangs off the root.
Could you include in this documentation possible problems and fixes to this
because I can't find any.