Re: ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value 76753264 in pg_toast_10920100

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Harry Ambrose <harry(dot)ambrose(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value 76753264 in pg_toast_10920100
Date: 2017-06-11 08:17:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Harry Ambrose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the jar attached (renamed with a .txt extension as I know some
> email services deem jars a security issue).
>
> The jar accepts the following arguments:
>
> $1 = host
> $2 = database
> $3 = username
> $4 = password
> $5 = port
>
> It returns its logging to STDOUT. Please let me know if you require further
> info.

I'm unable to run this file. Maybe it was corrupted in transit, given
that it was considered to be text.

$ md5sum toast-corrupter-aio.jar
7b1f5854c286f9b956b9442afd455b7a toast-corrupter-aio.jar

$ java -jar toast-corrupter-aio.jar
Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile toast-corrupter-aio.jar

Even unzip complains (after extracting a bunch of JDBC .class files)