Re: Is the Postgres Association part of smile.amazon.com?

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, Eric Ridge <eebbrr(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is the Postgres Association part of smile.amazon.com?
Date: 2017-04-12 19:17:36
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

* Bruce Momjian (bruce(at)momjian(dot)us) wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 08:08:58PM +0100, Justin Clift wrote:
> > On 12 Apr 2017, at 19:33, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
> > > Joe,
> > >
> > > The policy for announce is here:
> > >
> > > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval
> > >
> > > Doesn't really seem like this kind of announcement really fits within
> > > the charter of -announce, but maybe it could be included in some kind of
> > > broader announcement about PgUS?
> >
> > Aren't they're general guidelines?
> >
> > Being able to donate to PG via Amazon Smile is likely of use and interest
> > to much of the PG ecosystem.
>
> Just to clarify, it is the _US_-based Postgres Association that will
> receive the funds.

Right, this would be just for 'The United States PostgreSQL
Association', aka PgUS (https://postgresql.us). There's other
non-profits in other places, of course (eg: PostgreSQL Europe,
https://www.postgresql.eu/). Perhaps that comes up as an organization
for Amazon or Paypal for folks in Europe..?

PG.EU is technically under French law, if that's relevant.

Thanks!

Stephen