Re: Unable to connect to Postgresql

From: John Iliffe <john(dot)iliffe(at)iliffe(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Daniel Verite" <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unable to connect to Postgresql
Date: 2017-04-08 20:19:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On Saturday 08 April 2017 09:20:46 Daniel Verite wrote:
> John Iliffe wrote:
> > The proper socket does exist:
> >
> > -------------------------------------
> > ls -al /tmp | grep PGSQL
> > srwxrwxrwx. 1 postgres postgres 0 Apr 7 16:53 .s.PGSQL.5432
> > -rw-------. 1 postgres postgres 49 Apr 7 16:53 .s.PGSQL.5432.lock
>
> Maybe the httpd service lives in another namespace,
> e.g. it's chrooted. What if you try:
> <?php echo file_exists("/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"); ?>

Basically, nothing.

If I include it in an Apache script exactly as suggested, then the script
puts out a blank screen, no error messages.

I used the result in an 'if' statement and it apparently returns false, but
that could be an artefact of nothing being returned by file_exists(). It is
possible that since the "file" is really a socket, and not a file or
directory as required by the documentation, it is not found by however
file_exists() looks for files.

There is no error log entry from either Apache or PHP.