Re: FAQ entry about core outdated

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Jaime Casanova <jaime(dot)casanova(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FAQ entry about core outdated
Date: 2017-03-20 17:30:50
Lists: pgsql-www

Greetings,

* Jaime Casanova (jaime(dot)casanova(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com) wrote:
> If you look at https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ#Who_is_the_PostgreSQL_Core_Team.3F
> it says currently there are 6 members on the core team but
> https://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/ (the page it links
> to) says there are 5.
>
> which one is right? i would prefer to remove the "(currently xxx)"
> from te FAQ page to avoid them become inconsistent again.

Well, there's a few different things wrong with the wiki page, not just
that. https://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/ is the
canoncial resource for this information and it is correct.

The issue with the wiki page is that there are now a few other groups
involved than just core in things like setting release dates. There's a
release management team (RMT) for each major release, and a release
committee which decides who is on that team. Also, minor releases have
now been set to a regular release cycle (generally speaking), but
deviations from that would go through the release committee.

Thanks!

Stephen