src/test/regress's check-prepared-txns target

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: src/test/regress's check-prepared-txns target
Date: 2017-03-11 23:00:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

In https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=ae55d9fbe3871a5e6309d9b91629f1b0ff2b8cba
src/test/regress grew a check-prepared-txns (and an accompanying
installcheck-prepared-txns) target.

Is that still sensible given that pg_regress actually enables prepared
transactions? I bet these tests are run just about never.

I'd suggest removing at least check-prepared-txns and adding the test to
the normal check target (which is guaranteed to have prepared xacts enabled).

Greetings,

Andres Freund