Full Text Search combined with Fuzzy

From: Nicolas Paris <niparisco(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Full Text Search combined with Fuzzy
Date: 2017-02-26 12:52:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

AFAIK there is no built-in way to combine full text search and fuzzy matching
(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/fuzzystrmatch.html).
By example, phrase searching with tipos in it.

First I don't know if postgresql concurrents (lucene based...) are able
to do so.

Second, is such feature is in the road map ?

Third, I wonder if it is a good idea to use the postgresql synonyms
feature for such prupose.(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/textsearch-dictionaries.html)
I mean, building up a synonyms dictionnary containing tipos. By eg:

postgres pgsql
postgresql pgsql
postgrez pgsql
postgre pgsql
gogle googl
gooogle googl

There is multiple way to build such dictionary. But my question is about
the implementation of dictionnaries in postgresql: Is postgresql
supposed to take advantage of billion entries dictionaries ?

Thanks by advance for you answers,