BUG #14410: Restoring data not successful

From: jordan(dot)woodhead(at)bjss(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #14410: Restoring data not successful
Date: 2016-11-03 11:16:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 14410
Logged by: Jordan Woodhead
Email address: jordan(dot)woodhead(at)bjss(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.5.0
Operating system: Windows 7

Why is pg_restore returning successfully but not actually restoring my
database?

I'm trying to use PostgreSQL 9.5 with pgAdmin 4 (I would prefer to use
pgAdmin 3 but I get the following message when trying to connect to my
database: "Warning:

The server you are connecting to is not a version that is supported by this
release of pgAdmin III.

pgAdmin III may not function as expected.

Supported server versions are 8.4 to 9.3")

So I'm forced to use pgAdmin 4. However, when I restore (like I usually do
on pgAdmin III) I get a 'successful' restore but no data is actually
restored into the tables.

If I click on the details of the 'successful' restore I am presented with
this:

"1. pg_restore: connecting to database for restore"