Re: Account request

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Sequel Info <info(at)sequel(dot)tech>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Account request
Date: 2016-10-20 14:13:45
Lists: pgsql-www

Bruce,

* Bruce Momjian (bruce(at)momjian(dot)us) wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 11:23:58AM +0300, Sequel Info wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to ask for a “editor" privileges for the wiki (https://
> > wiki.postgresql.org/) The reason is that I want to add SEQUEL for PostgreSQL (
> > http://sequel.tech) to "Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools”. The account
> > may be “sequel”, “sequel_postgresql” or “sequel_for_postgresql” - whatever is
> > available and fits best.
>
> You shouldn't just add items to the TODO list. You need to discuss it
> on the community email lists to get acceptance before adding it.

This request was not about the TODO list but about the "Community Guide
to PostgreSQL GUI Tools":

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools

Which is just a list of various GUI tools for connecting to PG. Adding
another one to that list seems entirely reasonable and I don't believe
it really requires discussion as there is no policy, as far as I'm
aware, regarding what can be listed there (there's certainly all kinds
of things there).

Thanks!

Stephen