Foreign Table docs are way to brief.

From: mark0978(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Foreign Table docs are way to brief.
Date: 2016-09-05 02:22:06
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-dropforeigntable.html

I see DROP FOREIGN TABLE and wonder if it actually deletes data like DROP
TABLE would do.

What does it mean to CREATE FOREIGN TABLE? Is it just a mapping onto
external data, or am I creating a table in the other database.

Too few words given over to helping me understand what FOREIGN brings to the
table in all these commands.