replication slots replicated to standbys?

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: replication slots replicated to standbys?
Date: 2016-08-20 04:39:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Someone reported that a replication slot that existed at the time a base
backup was done on the master was copied to the standby. Because they
didn't realize it, their WAL was not being recycled on the standby.

Is that possible? Is it a known behavior? I don't see it documented.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Ancient Roman grave inscription +