per-statement-level INSTEAD OF triggers

From: Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: per-statement-level INSTEAD OF triggers
Date: 2016-08-08 08:40:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers,

I'm asking out of curiosity, do anyone know why we don't have
per-statement-level INSTEAD OF triggers? I looked into the
standard SQL (20xx draft), but I can't find the restriction
such that INSTEAD OF triggers must be row-level. Is there
any technical difficulties, or other reasons for the current
implementation?

Best regards,

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>