Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Marc Linster (at) EDB" <marc(dot)linster(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "Rader, David" <davidr(at)openscg(dot)com>, Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Date: 2016-08-04 01:18:05
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 04:46:28PM -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Jul 24, 2016, at 7:52 PM, Marc Linster @ EDB <marc(dot)linster(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > Magnus:
> >
> > I fixed the ‘)’ and the unnecessary line-end changes to the BigSQL text.
> >
> > As BigSQL is mentioned in their headline and in their body text, I believe that ‘by EnterpriseDB’ should remain in the corresponding headlines.
> >
> > Regards, Marc
>
> I have applied this version of the patch to .org - the language should appear after the next cache purge.

Looking at the final version, I find these sentences odd as they sound
almost the same:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/

EnterpriseDB
The installer is designed to be a straightforward, fast
way to get up and running with PostgreSQL on Windows.

BigSQL
This distribution is a fast, developer-friendly way to get
a complete PostgreSQL environment installed and running.

If they sound almost the same, what value does this supply in helping
people choose one of the other? I think the only difference is
"straightforward" vs. "developer-friendly"? Is that helpful?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Ancient Roman grave inscription +