Re: regression test for extended query protocol

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: regression test for extended query protocol
Date: 2016-08-03 03:03:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

[Sorry for a top post. For unknown reason I couldn' get mails from
pgsql-hackers since this morning and I have to check the archive]

>> In my understanding, we don't have any regression test for protocol
>> level prepared query (we do have SQL level prepared query tests,
>> though). Shouldn't we add those tests to the regression test suites?
>
> I thought that ECPG was covering a portion of that. Right?
> --
> Michael

In my understanding, ECPG calls libpq, thus the test cases are limited
to the cases which are only possible with libpq (or it may be even
limited to the cases where ECPG deal with.)

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan