Re: Autovacuum of pg_database

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Ondřej Světlík <osvetlik(at)flexibee(dot)eu>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Autovacuum of pg_database
Date: 2016-05-10 20:15:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom Lane wrote:

> I'll bet they're all trying to do anti-wraparound vacuums. This would
> explain why the problem hasn't been observed often enough to have been
> fixed long since.

Ah, that should have been obvious, shouldn't it. I'm able to reproduce
the problem by moving relfrozenxid backwards for a shared catalog, and I
can confirm that it works correctly with the patch proposed, so I have
pushed it to all branches. (I only tested the problem scenario in 9.1
and master, since it's too much manual work).

Thanks for the report!