Re: [patch] \crosstabview documentation

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [patch] \crosstabview documentation
Date: 2016-04-13 20:35:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David G. Johnston wrote:

> "​
> crosstabview with only 2 output columns
> ​ "​
>
> ​https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Crosstabview
> ​(last section on that page)
>
> ​never got implemented....

It was implemented in Daniel's patch. I removed it before commit and
failed to notice the reference in the docs and help. (The reason I
removed it is that it seemed to me that hardcoding it to the character X
was going to become a nuisance in the future -- I mean why not ☒ ?
It's simple to do at the query level by having the character as a
literal in the third column.