Re: Does a call to a language handler provide a context/session, and somewhere to keep session data?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: david(at)andl(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general-owner+M220578=david=andl(dot)org(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general-owner+M220560=david=andl(dot)org(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general-owner+M220529=david=andl(dot)org(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Does a call to a language handler provide a context/session, and somewhere to keep session data?
Date: 2016-03-09 02:17:29
Lists: pgsql-general

david(at)andl(dot)org wrote:
> > owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Adrian Klaver
>
> > On that subject. I have followed this thread, but only sort of as the
> > quoting your email client is doing tends to obscure the flow. I know
> > for me that is making it hard to follow your ideas.
> >
> > Is that something that can be changed?
>
> I use Outlook, and while it has lots of options, I can only pick one. I've
> now switched to what seems to work best for plain text mailing lists, but it
> looks terrible on anything else. Very annoying.

On that subject. I noticed that Outlook seems to add the "return path"
addresses (sometimes called bounce address or envelope sender) to the CC
header, which sets a new record in the stupidity scale. Since we use
VERP, each message gets a different return path address, so with each
reply you make, Outlook adds a new address to the CC.

Maybe this is tweakable. If so, please turn it off.