BUG #13993: Temp sequence does not seem to be properly deleted

From: mathias(dot)zajaczkowski(at)ubik(dot)ch
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #13993: Temp sequence does not seem to be properly deleted
Date: 2016-02-28 20:08:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 13993
Logged by: Zajaczkowski
Email address: mathias(dot)zajaczkowski(at)ubik(dot)ch
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.4
Operating system: Windows 7 64 bits

I use pgAdmin V. 1.20.0 (Jul 13 2015, rev: REL-1_20_0)
Within a script I created temporary sequence:
CREATE TEMP SEQUENCE 'rateSeq' with S in uppercase to be used for rate table
pk.
Script run fine.
Next time script gave an error "relation rateseq already exists".
I modified the creation of the sequence to:
CREATE TEMP SEQUENCE rateseq (all in lower case)
Same error when running the script.
I tried: DROP SEQUENCE rateseq
Result: sequence <<rateseq>> does not exist.
I completely changed the name of my sequence to "seq4rate" => same error.
I hade a look in pg_class table where I found a record with relname =
rateseq.
I deleted this line. It was not a good idea, but I'm not in production and
had this try.
Since then trying to run the script I had a message "... with Oid can not be
found ..."
I restored the database. Problem persisted.
I stoped and restarted the service "postgresql-x64-9.4 - PostgreSQL Server
9.4".
That solved my problem.

Kind regards