Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: Federico Di Gregorii <fog(at)dndg(dot)it>, psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review
Date: 2016-02-02 21:30:03
Lists: psycopg

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 13:20:34 -0800
Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com> wrote:

> I think what they are looking for is this:
>
> http://ipython.org/
>
> and this:
>
> http://pandas.pydata.org/

Thanks, but I don't think so. Those are interactive
python shells. What they want is a web-enabled psql;
a SQL shell.

Many years ago I did a horrible hack of phpPgAdmin
to give them such a shell (it parses sql). I'd
like to move forward.

Regards,

Karl <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein