Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
To: Federico Di Gregorii <fog(at)dndg(dot)it>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review
Date: 2016-02-02 20:10:57
Lists: psycopg

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 14:04:08 -0600
"Karl O. Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 19:58:16 +0100
> Federico Di Gregorii <fog(at)dndg(dot)it> wrote:
>
> > I can say with some confidence that we'll never implement such an
> > API. Even the
> > ux, i.e., accepting multi-queries from the user is wrong, imho.

> Seriously, the real world is complex.

(Reminds me of an interaction I had with the Mozilla people.
They'd changed Firefox so that a response had to show up
within 5 minutes. My folks occasionally write queries
that run hours. Mozilla changed their mind. Hope you will
too.)

Regards,

Karl <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein