Re: Materialized view performance problems

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Materialized view performance problems
Date: 2016-01-06 17:23:07
Lists: pgsql-performance

Tom McLoughlin <tom(at)dynamiccreative(dot)com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> It's difficult for me to run analyse explain for the query given because it
> takes so long. However, the query below has a similar structure but has less
> data to process.

Seems okay, but it's better to analyse that for the real query. You can
install the auto_explain - module and enable auto_explain.log_analyze
and set auto_explain.log_min_duration to a proper value.

You can find later the explain analse - ouput in the log.

Consider all steps mit seq-scans, but as i see all seq-scan are on small
tables and the majority of rows are in the result, so an index can't
help much.

Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknown)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°