Re: Excessive # usage in URLs

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Excessive # usage in URLs
Date: 2015-10-23 14:57:09
Lists: pgsql-www

* Magnus Hagander (magnus(at)hagander(dot)net) wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
> > * Robert Haas (robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> > > (And let me say parenthetically that the web site's insistence on
> > > adding #THE-SAME-MESSAGE-ID-THAT-IS-ALREADY-IN-THE-URL to everything
> > > is pretty annoying ... it makes the links really long for no good
> > > reason.)
> >
> > Totally agreed, this has annoyed me a number of times also.
> >
> > Magnus, others on www, anything we can do about that..?
> >

> Certainly sounds like something that's fixable. But where? I just clicked
> around a bit and I don't see it...

Flat view.

This:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CABUevEw_kEPdKFqAgFJDtwxjbbNq+bcpWrTV0ekF9ei8SdcEGg(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com

auto-redirects to:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CABUevEw_kEPdKFqAgFJDtwxjbbNq+bcpWrTV0ekF9ei8SdcEGg(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com#CABUevEw_kEPdKFqAgFJDtwxjbbNq+bcpWrTV0ekF9ei8SdcEGg@mail.gmail.com

What I'd like (and Robert, iiuc) is for the link to the first message in
the flat view not to have the # and to not redirect to the one with the
# when it's not there.

Make sense?

Thanks!

Stephen