Re: bugs and bug tracking

From: Nathan Wagner <nw+pg(at)hydaspes(dot)if(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bugs and bug tracking
Date: 2015-10-07 18:35:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have added full text searching to my tracker. I only index the first
50 KB of each message. There's apparently a one MB limit on that
anyway, which a few messages exceed. I figure anything important is
probably in the first 50KB. I could be wrong. I could re-index fairly
easily. It seems to work pretty well.

I have changed the 'stale' status to 90 days. I have triaged most of
the remaining bugs with a message count > 1. This is in a separate
file if it some other system wants to collect the work.

I am still working out exactly how to find multiple matching commits
along different branches. I'm running git patch-id on every commit,
but that will take a while.

Later tonight I will implement some in-message-body update syntax I'm
also going to create (internally) a web page for the bugs that allows
editing the status from that page. I will post the details on that
once I've tested it a bit. I'll probably make a web page allowing
updates as well.

How often are the bugs mail list archives updated? I've got a bunch of
posts to the bugs list in my inbox that aren't in the archive download.

--
nw