Re: error on CREATE INDEX when restoring from dump file: could not read block 0

From: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error on CREATE INDEX when restoring from dump file: could not read block 0
Date: 2015-09-28 16:15:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 20:13:17 -0500
Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com> wrote:

Hi Jim, Tom

> Not to mention the issue of what happens when someone updates tblcontrat
> or tblagent. (It'd be cool if we had cross-table indexes, but this
> certainly isn't how to do it...)

I have checks in the application logic to prevent changes in those tables that would invalidate the index.

Tom explained my problem here:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/87tx0dc80x(dot)fsf(at)news-spur(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk

I guess I'll have to live without it for now; the speed increase in queries is nice, but not humanly noticeable as the tables are not huge.

I can resort to a denormalized field holding the value of id_contrat. I was trying to avoid that, hence the calculated index, but it appears not to be much better.

--
Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://legalcase.libremen.com/
Legal case, contract and insurance claim management software