BUG #13429: Update 0 rows for matching record

From: smoola(at)travelclick(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #13429: Update 0 rows for matching record
Date: 2015-06-10 16:19:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 13429
Logged by: Sandeep Moola
Email address: smoola(at)travelclick(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.8
Operating system: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5

We were trying to update a record in our database as below and the row was
not getting updated. No error was shown neither on the command promt nor in
the logs
STEP1:
SELECT yrd_cuttoff FROM yrd_yield_room_details WHERE
yrd_yrd_key=10060451491;
yrd_cuttoff
(1 row)

STEP2:
UPDATE yrd_yield_room_details SET yrd_cuttoff='NC' WHERE
yrd_yrd_key=10060451491;
UPDATE 0

STEP3: